- 2 more weeks of BU classes, and one final presentation (5 minutes, 6 slides…yikes)
- 6 more weeks of LEND- a poster presentation, and a paper
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Basically my whole life is a series of me looking up at the sky, going "really universe?" Songs will play at just the right time, like TV producers are going to pop out of nowhere, people come back into my life when they are supposed to, and things just work out. I believe I have an incredible team of guardian angels making sure that everything goes according to plan, even when I'm not sure it's going to be ok. It's fun sometimes, but I never assume. :)
- Hunger Games trilogy. Just UGH. I hadn’t read a book so quickly as I did these. And being in policy and government… ugh, just … too close to home. I have a thesis planned in m y head in which I compare growing up in the health care system to hunger games. Stay tuned.
- If You Have to Cry Go Outside (and other things your mother never told you) Kelly Cutrone == bad ass, power woman, hero. Grow a spine and read it. All you blonde public health interns, come talk to me when you’re done.
- A Place of Yes. Bethenny Frankel is another one of my idols, and this book is the style in which I hope to write my own memoir one day. It just fits the way I think.
- A Fault in Our Stars. This is what every Nicholas Sparks "cancer book," is trying to be. Grab some tissues and get ready to get real.
- A fully adapted house, somewhere warm.
- The resources to travel and see family when we want to (not unlimited money I’d be ok working, etc, but being able to do this at will)
- An awesome private driver and my beck and call.
My questions for them:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is the one biggest thing you have learned from your kids?
3. If you could recommend ONE book to all young women growing up today- what would it be?
4. Favorite meal ever?
5. If you could be on any talk show, or reality show, what would it be?
6. Dream vacation!
7. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what would you be?
Good luck ladies! :)
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Make the most of your rainy Tuesday!