Tuesday, July 24, 2007





Saturday was basically going to go one of two ways...and well... it was amazing. Everything was perfect from beginning to end. Do you know how rare that is?

We did end up meeting quite a bit later than originally planned, but that was fine cause it meant I didn’t have to get up at 7, so yay for that. My dad and I drove do Mass and met Tori and Colin at a Cumby’s. We got snacks and drinks and departed for Boston. We only drove around in a circle once, and we listened to Hanson to get us psyched up. (and Music & Lyrics cause Colin obviously bought the soundtrack, lol). We parked in Quincy (VIP with my handicapped hanger thingy) and took the T in, which was enjoyable…between me taking pictures of brick walls and discussing sperm donation, we pretty much laughed the entire time. We also concluded we were all wearing brand name everything. Tori had a Hollister shirt, Colin was American Eagle (gasp… iiiii know), and I had Aeropostale…so we represented and it was awesome.



By the time we got into the city we realized it was like already almost 5:00, so we decided to just find the club. So we did, and it was right by Fenway. We stood awkwardly around for a bit, trying to decide whether we shoul go get food or just wait in the line (which was already pretty long, and some people had camped out on the street… hmm no thanks!) Colin had the idea to ask the guy if there was some sort of reserved seating or something so I could actually SEE the show and enjoy it instead of worrying about dying
the entire time! He said, “Absolutely” and told us to remind him when we got to the front of the line. We went to wait in line, and we were right outside of this bar by Fenway, so it was pretty much fun to watch and it didn’t feel like we waited that long. Tori and I dubbed it Real World Fenway and analyzed all the flirting scenarios that occurred in front of us. To which Colin just looked at us funny and said “how did you get that from that!?!?!” oooh boys….

Finally, after like an hour the line moved and Colin and I showed the guy our ID and got over 21 wrist bands. Buah hahahahaha When we got to the guy we talked to about better seating, he referred us to another guy, who said “yep, come with me…” and basically moved us to the front of the line saying “scuse me…coming through” So we didn’t even have to mingle with everyone else in line! He brought us up a level to the reserved seating and through the velvet rope. We had cushiony seats, our own bar, and wait staff so we really didn’t even have to get up that often and we could actually SIT to watch the show, and not worry about getting squished or suffocated! It was absolutely fabulous. Of course there was a guy who was completely sketchy and tried hitting on all of us (including Colin) and he even wrote out all his contact info for the first blonde girl he saw. Tori and I were like “yea Colin, that’s why we brought yooooou.”



There was a mediocre opening act who basically put us to sleep, but then the show started and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I haven’t been to a concert in years and I had forgotten how intense live music can be. And OH MY GOD. Taylor is literally so gorgeous its painful…every time he did that running his fingers through his hair thing I just died inside. It makes absolute sense to me now as to why he has three children. The only sadness lies in the fact that they’re not mine…



I can’t even explain it any further. I jumped, I took pictures, I almost cried. And I laughed sooooo hard. Tori is wonderful, and we had so much fun! We talked a lot, about everything, shallow and serious, and we really related on a lot of levels which was awesome as well as finishing each other’s sentences about the amazing British guy who asked us for directions at the train station!

After the show, we were going to wait to try to meet the boys, but it was already 10:00 and we still had to eat something and catch the train back and we were all getting tired so we headed started the walk back to the T and stopped at Longhorn for a quick dinner. The train and car ride back was somewhat long, and we were all tired, but it still went off without a hitch, and we laughed at the random guy who had fallen asleep sitting up….

I don’t even know what more to say. I took a chance, I brought in an old part of my life with a new, important one and definitely tightened a friendship with someone I’m totally meant to be friends with, and it all worked out. I felt stronger, matured, and just entirely…happy. Everything is different from last year, but it took something from my past to make it all concrete. It came full circle with blue skies, and good songs and I have not a complaint in the world. This definitely is going to be one of the best summers I’ve ever had!









For more videos of OUR exact show: go here!

~the malphie

xoxox

No comments: