Monday, September 25, 2006

Sometimes old habits are heard to break... even if it isn't something intentional. Last night there were serious bouts of insomnia. I woke up at 5ish, and basically just could not fall back to sleep. I don't know why. Could've been the fact that I slept in all weekend and broke my pattern of a good schedule, or the fact that I couldn't breathe through my nose. But either way, after 5 a.m. I pretty much saw every hour on the clock and didn't fall asleep til I basically had to get up anyway.
When I woke up, I randomly listened to Clay Aiken... yes, make fun of me, but I adore his music, and it was an instant transportation to freshmen year, since that CD basically got me through the rough nights. So between the not feeling so hot, the reminiscent music, and the epitome of fall in the air, things got sort of sentimental. I think my mind (and heart) is just so used to spending the fall missing certain things... that it just thought it was supposed to, even though this year is so very different.

I took a nap after my first class, and slept way better than my entire night's sleep... but still, I just keep thinking about things. Also... I think it's just because I'm really lonely... and it's kind of hitting me. Not like depressed, solitary emo-ness...but it sucks I guess....

Anyway... my nap was nice, and I had dinner and coffee with Miss Caitlin... but man... sometimes it just hits harder than others. It's weird.

wake me up when September ends.... basically.

No comments: